We are a small and flexible team of professionals with more than 30 years of experience in the real estate sector. We will be happy to assist you in English, Spanish, German, French and Portuguese.Leo Bohnke Anne Zobel Martina Warbeck Carola Wagner
Property with old houses to be renovated, in an absolute quiet location
This property located in Las Caletas, in the municipality of Fuencaliente, with stunning sea views, at an altitude of approximately 443 metres above sea level, on the paradise island of La Palma, in the Canary Islands. This rustic hideaway has approximately 1,220 m² of uncultivated land, gently sloping down the side of a hill, waiting to be discovered and restored.
Inside, two old barns, one of about 31 m² (extendable by 18.55 m²) and the other of about 25 m² with an old cistern, stand as witnesses of a distant past. These buildings are in need of complete renovation, but retain their authentic charm, with Canarian style ceilings and solid stone walls. Water and electricity are in close proximity, providing the basis for a comfortable home.
Accessible directly from a small cul-de-sac road, this property offers the perfect balance between seclusion and accessibility. Only 10 minutes drive from Fuencaliente, the supermarket, school and health centre are conveniently close by. Beaches are about 15 minutes away, and the capital, Santa Cruz, is about 45 minutes away.
It is sold as is, the houses empty, ready to let your creativity run wild and with planning permission for an extension of 18,55 m² to the main house. This quiet location is the perfect blank canvas for lovers of old house restoration, a piece of history waiting to be revived.
- Municipality of FUENCALIENTE
- Locality of LAS CALETAS
- With a mountain and a sea view
- Quiet location
- ca. 443 m above sea level
- The property has in total approx. 1.220 m²
- Old shed of about 31 m²
- It has a municipal permit for renovation and extension of 18,55 m² as a residential building
- Old shed of about 25 m²
- It has a municipal permit for renovation as a residential building
- Old cistern
- All the buildings are in need of a complete renovation
- Roofs in Canarian style
- Stone walls
- Electricity nearby
- Water supply nearby
The property has approx. 1.220 m²
- With a slight slope
- Situation in the hillside
- Property left in its natural state
- Entrance directly from the road
- Fuencaliente in about 10 minutes
- Supermarket approx. 10 minutes
- School in about 10 minutes
- Health center in about 10 minutes
- Beach approx. 15 minutes
- Santa Cruz in about 45 minutes
- Los Llanos in about 55 minutes
- El Paso in about 65 minutes
- Hospital approx. 45 minutes
- Airport in about 38 minutes
- Property in a very quiet place
- With building permit for an extension of 18,55 m²
For lovers of old house restoration!
We can help you to get a mortgage with the best conditions:
- We can get the best conditions among more than 20 banks.
- You will be able to carry out almost all the procedures from your home. We will ask you for the necessary information and documents and we will take care of the follow-up.
- We will not charge you anything for this procedure.
- Leave us your contact data and we will get in touch with you.
ADDITIONAL COSTS WHEN BUYING A PROPERTY:
Every purchase of real estate causes additional costs to the stated selling price, generally in the range of 10 to 11 %. These expenses are usually the following:
- the land transfer tax: 6.5 % of the purchase price
- the costs of land registration
- the notary fees
- the costs of changing ownership in the cadastre
- the professional fee payable by the buyer to the real estate agency: 3 % (minimum 1,800 Euros, IGIC not included) of the real purchase price
Additional costs and variations to be considered:
- the mortgage costs, in the case of financing the purchase
- If the seller is a promoter, there is no land transfer tax to pay, but 7 % IGIC plus 1 % for documented juridic acts tax, of the purchase price