We are a small and flexible team of professionals with more than 30 years of experience in the real estate sector. We will be happy to assist you in English, Spanish, German, French and Portuguese.Leo Bohnke Anne Zobel Martina Warbeck Carola Wagner
Antique canarian townhouse for renovation
Located in Mazo, on the island of La Palma, Canary Islands, is an old Canarian village house offering panoramic sea and mountain views. With an altitude of approximately 488 m, this property is perfect for lovers of restoration, as, although it is in need of a complete renovation, it is full of potential and charm.
The house, with a constructed area of 174 m², distributed over two floors, sits on a plot of 172 m². The structure, built around the year 1800, has ceilings, doors and windows made of tea wood, and stone walls with rendering, attributes which give it an authentic and traditional character. The ground floor, measuring 116 m², housed former shops and storage rooms, while the upper floor, measuring 58 m², offers several rooms awaiting renovation.
The property is supplied with basic utilities such as electricity and water from the town hall. Accessibility is another of its advantages, with direct entrance from the street and a variety of services and shops within walking distance, including bus stops, grocery shops and pharmacy.
This former Canarian house presents a unique opportunity for those who appreciate the beauty and possibilities offered by historic structures. It has the potential to be transformed into a charming residence or a thriving commercial establishment in the midst of a serene and picturesque island setting on La Palma.
- Municipality of MAZO
- In the center of the village
- With a mountain and a sea view
- ca. 488 m above sea level
- The property has in total approx. 172 m²
- Antique two-story house of about 168 m² overbuilt space
Ground floor of approx. 84 m²
- Several old business and storage rooms
Upper floor of approx. 84 m²
- Several rooms to be renovated
- Old cistern
- The house needs an overall restoration
- Year of construction approx. 1.800
- Wooden roofs with tiles
- Plastered stone walls
- Interior walls partly of natural stone and partly of blocks
- Doors and windows of tea-wood
- Antique tea-wood Flooring (resinous heartwood of the Canarian pine)
- Town water connection
- The inventory is included in the price
- Entrance directly from the street
- Bus stop approx. 1 minute
- Small grocery store approx. 1 minutes
- Supermarket approx. 2 minutes
- Pharmacy approx. 1 minutes
- Café/bar approx. 1 minutes
- Restaurant approx. 4 minutes
- Health center
- Breña Alta in about 14 minutes
- Airport in about 13 minutes
- Beach approx. 15 minutes
- Hospital approx. 18 minutes
- Santa Cruz in about 21 minutes
- El Paso in about 30 minutes
- Los Llanos in about 45 minutes
- Various options of urban development
For lovers of old house restoration!
An estate with many possibilities
We can help you to get a mortgage with the best conditions:
- We can get the best conditions among more than 20 banks.
- You will be able to carry out almost all the procedures from your home. We will ask you for the necessary information and documents and we will take care of the follow-up.
- We will not charge you anything for this procedure.
- Leave us your contact data and we will get in touch with you.
ADDITIONAL COSTS WHEN BUYING A PROPERTY:
Every purchase of real estate causes additional costs to the stated selling price, generally in the range of 10 to 11 %. These expenses are usually the following:
- the land transfer tax: 6.5 % of the purchase price
- the costs of land registration
- the notary fees
- the costs of changing ownership in the cadastre
- the professional fee payable by the buyer to the real estate agency: 3 % (minimum 1,800 Euros, IGIC not included) of the real purchase price
Additional costs and variations to be considered:
- the mortgage costs, in the case of financing the purchase
- If the seller is a promoter, there is no land transfer tax to pay, but 7 % IGIC plus 1 % for documented juridic acts tax, of the purchase price